Monday 2 February 2015

6 + step by step

Few more pages and I will be done with my art journal counting. 
The 6th page is with step by step pics.







I simply stuck some paper, fabric, canvas scraps using gel medium Everything which normally would be binned. I also stuck pieces of masking tape - love the texture of it.
I used Liquitex Gloss Gel, it was the only one on my shelf - I think it is time for shopping! - but I love it.


I applied a layer of gesso - Winsor&Newton White Gesso Primer. There is a few reasons why I like it but in this case - the gesso has nice consistency and it is easy to apply on the background like this.


And here it is! Pink! 
When the gesso was completely dry I applied a think layer of ColourArte Silks Acrylic Glaze - Pink Azalea. What can I say? I love it!


One more layer of ColourArte Silks Acrylic Glaze but this time Teal Zircon.


When the paints were dry I applied white acrylic paint in a few places.


Ok, now the fun bit. Tried it for the first time and I loooove the effect. I mixed LuminArte Primary Elements - Blushing Rose with DecoArt Media Crackle Glaze - and it worked! The crackles appeared as normal. And one more thing...because the Crackle Glaze is fluid there is a few options to applied it - smear or 'drop it' from brush.


No project without stamping!
I applied Silks on Stampotique stamp (France's design) and simply stamp it on my project. I really like stamping using paints or fluid inks (but about this another time ;))


No pink thread in the studio? No problem!


Silks + water = coloured thread



 Magda x

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for showing us how you made your glorious page Magda, i might have a try at making something similar as i, like everyone else, have lots of scraps just waiting to be used up :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. great texture, thanks for using ColourArte products in your post today

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely to get to enjoy your creativity.
    Thank you for sharing your passion and talent.

    ReplyDelete